Path to The North
To determine if a specific magical item is available, follow the steps below:
- Based on the Settlement size, determine how many items of each category are available. This will determine how many items you can look for an item in a ‘shopping session’. Items can be looked for concurrently. Use Online Dice Roller to explicitly roll for Minor/Medium/Major and include me in CC
- Based on the city size, look at the Base Limit. Any item whose value is equal or below is available 75% of the time. .
- If the item is above the Purchasing limit, it is not available.
- If the item in between both of the preceding restriction, use the extended rules below
- Begin with the Base Availability By Type
- Add/subtract the Modifier for the Settlement Type
- Add/Subtract the Miscellaneous Modifiers
- Declare how long you will search for the item BEFORE rolling.
- Send an email (if not at the gaming table) with intentions listing items IN ORDER that you are looking for and time spent looking for each.
- Use Online Dice Roller to explicitly roll for each item. Ensure to identify each item in the ‘Comment’ section
All shopping for an item takes 1d4 days PLUS any extra time spent to increase your chances.
|Type of Item||Max Value|
|Minor Magical Item||1000gp|
|Medium Magical Item||10000gp|
|Major Magical Item||40000gp|
Location Modifiers (pick 1)
|Settlement Type||Population Range||Base Limit||Purchasing Limit||Minor||Medium||Major||Modifier|
|Thorp||Fewer than 20||50gp||500gp||1D4||None||None||-30%|
|Metropolis||More than 25,000||16000||100000gp||Unlimited||4D4||3D4||+20%|
Base availability by Type
|Armor and shields||20%|
Miscellaneous Modifiers (Pick any that apply)
|Has Mage guild||5%|
|Member of Mage Guild||5%|
|Member of influential church||10%|
|Has guild for item type (jeweler, armorer etc)||10%|
|Successful DC15 Diplomacy check||5%|
|Duration of search(beyond 1d4 days)||+2%/day,max 20%|
|For each 2000GP of value||-1%|
Use this tool to calculate your chances (alpha release)